To make sure your dinner goes off without a hitch, the Jive Turkey team shares some of their top Thanksgiving tips.
Thanksgiving is all about expressing gratitude for friends and family…and all the wonderful food that comes as part of the holiday. We’ve already shared that Thanksgiving is no joke at Jive Tureky, and to make sure that your dinner on Thursday goes off without a hitch, we’ve gathered some Thanksgiving tips from our fantastic culinary team. Whether you need help baking your pie, cooking your turkey, or you’re simply looking for creative ideas on how to best use leftovers, we’ve got you covered.
The holiday season is overwhelming, and the day that kicks it all off—Thanksgiving—might be the most demanding of all. If you’re hosting a feast this year, try incorporating some of these 11 time-saving hacks into your prep routine. Then, just focus on the whole “eating until you want to nap” thing.
1. Brace yourself. Have some wine.
2. Prep all your vegetables a day ahead and keep them in the fridge.
5. Freeze rolled-out pie crusts so they hold their shape in the oven.
6. Schedule a little break for yourself. (You’ve already done five Thanksgiving hacks.)
7. Cut out your biscuits with a wine glass.
8. Wednesday night, take everything out of the freezer to thaw out.
9. Have a light lunch. Dinner will take up most of your belly.
10. Boil your potatoes with the skin on for 15 minutes. The skin will peel right off when you rub them.
11. Make super-fluffy mashed potatoes by adding some baking powder.